's journal about art thieves, I decided to check whether somebody else had used my art without permission.
I should tell beforehand that I'm not stingy about private use, meaning if one shares the picture in a forum to contribute to a theme like "beautiful flowers on the web", I won't feel wronged in any way, as long as the person doesn't claim to have taken it by himself and doesn't try to sell them.
However I decided after this incident to watermark my images in order to prevent them from getting used without crediting me, I hope you aren't too upset about this.
Searching one's pictures works like this:
1. visit Google.com
2. Go to the page of the photo you want to search and click "show image"
3. Copy the link which you received and paste it into google
in my case:
4. This page should open, click "search by image" - circled red
5. Now you can browse trough the results and be happy if there are few ( if no art thieves were involved up to 2 pages can be normal, especially if it got featured by some other deviantartist)
This was my most-stolen work and it got 4.
Most interesting results:
1) a South-Korean blog-website featuring some pictures as a love declaration, including mine blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeVi…
2) a Russian website offering my work as a wallpaper www.artleo.com/flowers/27256-r…
3) a Brazilian blog where a girl wrote a poem to this image amazonidas.blogspot.de/2012/07…